Kuna mu plaan pidada EV sünnipäeva nädal hiljem läks vett vedama, siis kopin siia hoopis Tikrilt leitud 50 punkti, kuidas aru saada, et sa oled eestlane.
1. You use the word ‘normal’ if something is ok.
2. When visiting friends abroad you bring along a box of Kalev chocolate.
3. You attended a song festival at least once either as a performer or as a spectator.
4. You know that going to the sauna is 80% about networking and 20% about washing.
5. You are nationalistic about Skype (it is actually an Estonian company).
6. ‘Kohuke’ belongs to your menu.
7. You declare your taxes on the internet like all modern people.
8. You actually believed for a while that Latvians had 6 toes per foot when you heard that as a child.
9. You are convinced that Estonia is very strategically located.
10. You spent at least one midsummer in Saaremaa, Hiiumaa or one of the smaller islands.
11. You can quote films like “Viimne reliikvia” and “Siin me oleme”.
12. You spit three times around your left shoulder for good luck.
13. Words like “veoauto”, “täieõiguslik” or “jää-äär” sound perfectly pronouncable to you.
14. You like bold statements, such as this one…
15. There can never be too much sarcasm.
16. You can at times drink hot tea to hot food.
17. You are disappointed that Jaan Kross never got the Nobel prize in literature.
18. It would not be suprising for English-speakers to find your name naughty (Peep, Tiit, Andres [sounds like undress]) or hippy (Rein, Rain).
19. You have been to Finland.
20. You say ‘Noh’ (sounds like NO) even when you speak English, just to confuse people.
21. You know the lyrics to “Mutionu” and “Rongisõit”.
22. You would never mistaken Kreisiraadio for a radio station.
23. You would agree that wife-carrying is a real sport (at least as long as Estonians are winning).
24. Your best friend’s girlfriend is your English teacher’s daughter and they live next door to your grandparents, who were colleagues with your advisor, who is friends with your…
25. You think that any beverage below 20% is non-alcoholic.
26. You check the thermometer before going out.
27. You look in both directions before crossing the road, even if it’s a one-way street.
28. You grin very mysteriously when people ask about your national food.
29. You teach a non-Estonian speaker the word “Tänan” before “Aitäh”.
30. You put ketchup inside your pasta (french-cooked gourmet faire la fine manger pasta) in order to not to get the ketchup-bowl dirty.
31. You cheated on your wife/husband at least ten times but you still think you’re in a good marriage.
32. When someone asks you “where is Estonia?” you quickly reply that it’s located in Northern Europe close to Finland…
33. Your grandmother’s “purse” is an old plastic bag that has been reused several times.
34. Sour cream tastes good with everything.
35. A foreigner speaks to you in broken horrible Estonian and you go on and on about how wonderful their Estonian is compared to “the Russians'”.
36. You have ever worn or seen anyone wear “karupüksid”.
37. You have heard the phrase “Estonians are slow” at least once.
38. Kui sa saad aru, mis siia kirjutatud on.
39. You find yourself continually ignoring the gender in other languages.
40. You say ‘kurat’ as at least every second word.
41. You consider running to the shop at 19.50 on Friday evening to buy some booze, a sport.
42. You are a true Estonian when you come from Tallinn, because if you are from Tallinn you think Tallinn IS Estonia and that’s true of course that Tallinn is Estonia.
43. When someone says “Estonians are so beautiful” you answer almost without emotions “I know”.
44. You have tried to explain people that “kauboi” is actually a word in Estonian.
45. You don’t think that terviSEKS is a funny word.
46. You don’t find the Estonian equivalent to the expressions “twelve months”, “1002” and “12 buses” remotely funny.
47. Even though you never met Toots, Teele and Kiir you know exact what they are like.
48. You grin when someone you know says that they bought a BMW.
49. You know how to end the sentence “Kui Arno isaga koolimajja jõudis…”
50. You think its normal that you have Wifi hotspot and dry toilet under the same roof.